Even though it may not be visible to the naked eye, a disposable mask that has already been used carries an endless amount of bacteria from our oral and nasal cavities, as well as from the very skin and hair on our face that rubs when it is used.
These bacteria accumulated by various uses in a mask that is not made for this purpose, can penetrate into the lower part of our lungs and end up causing pneumonia. This can also affect other patients who suffer from cystic fibrosis and who, consequently, have a greater propensity and risk of suffering from a bacterial infection.
It is known by virologists that staphylococcus is one of these bacteria that remain on our skin and can cause one of these infections that we have mentioned above. And its danger is high, because staphylococci are resistant to antibiotics.
That is why it is advisable to reuse masks if they are disposable or single-use, as the risks can be very costly for our health.